Your privacy is important to us and we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998
About this policy
Further information about privacy and data protection issues including the online Register of Data Controllers can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/
Who we are
We are Viral Apps Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with Company Registration number 08316992. Our registered office is at Viral Apps Limited 61 Alexandra Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 1PL. If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please contact our Data Protection Compliance Officer, who you may write to at the address above, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect information from you
By the use of “cookies” and “web beacons”.
A cookie is a small text file which is transferred from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. It enables a website to “remember” who you are.
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but if you are using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you should be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish. This will however, affect your ability to log onto our website. Browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies may be found on the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use session cookies (which are temporary cookies) in the help desk section of our website to verify your identity when you log in. Our session cookies currently contain your email address only. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser (i.e. the software program you use for searching and viewing various kinds of Internet resources such as information on a web site).
We do not use persistent cookies, i.e. cookies that remain on your hard disk until you delete them.
No cookies on our site are served or used by third parties.
Web breacons are electronic images (sometimes known as web bugs, clear gifs, or trackers) that allow a site to count users who have visited specific pages. We do not currently use web beacons.
More information on cookies and web beacons can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- By registration. We collect information about you that you provide when you register to use the help desk area of our site.
- Through completion of online forms. We collect information about you if complete any of the various forms on our site to contact us, make enquiries, order products and services, apply to us and give us feedback.We need you to give us certain information, which will be indicated on the form you are required to complete. It would help us if you give us any other information that you think will be relevant but you are under no obligation to do so.
- Through traffic data and site statistics. We do keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your IP address, the URL you visited before ours, the URL you visit after leaving our site and which pages you visit.We also collect some site statistics such as page hits and page views.We are not readily able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
- By you contacting us by other methods other than the website. The website provides various telephone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses for you to contact us. We will collect information from you that you provide through any of these methods.We may also collect other information you supply to us after your initial contact with us.
Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please remember that normal Internet e-mail is insecure. We do however, use secure connections in our help desk.
We will store your information at least for the duration of any customer relationship we have with you, or as otherwise required by law (normally up to a maximum of 7 years for legal and tax reasons).
What your information is used for
- If you buy software or services from us, we will use your information to fulfill your order and to provide you with the software or service you have requested.
If you register to use the help desk area on our website, we will use your information to provide those membership services to you.
If you do not object, we will use the information we hold on you to contact you for feedback on your use of our software and/or services and/or website.
We may use aggregated data about users of our site, sales patterns and other statistical data to improve our site, but it will not be possible to identify individuals from that aggregated data.
With whom we may share your information
We will not share your information with any other organisation except in the following circumstances.
- We will share your information with another organisation to which we transfer, or are in discussions to transfer, our rights and obligations under our agreement with you.
- We may share your information with another organisation that buys our company or our assets, or with another organisation from which we acquire a company or business, and in the course of any preceding negotiations with that organisation, which may or may not lead to a sale.
- We may share your information with our funders or potential funders, such as our bank and with our professional advisers who have a reasonable need to see it.
- We may share your information with any group companies of ours so that they can provide any products and services to you that you request.
- We may, on occasion share your information with carefully selected businesses so that they can send you details of other software-related products and services. However, we will not do this without your explicit prior consent.
- We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings or if otherwise required to do so by law.
You have a right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you, and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
You also have a right to be removed from any mailing list we hold at any time.
You have a right to see a copy of the information we hold about you. Before we agree to this, you must provide us with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it.